Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fuck it - why bring our troops home at all?

So apparently the US Army has once again extended tours of duty for active and future military personnel. Awesome. I personally felt like giving our troops less than a year between deployments was a really pussy thing to do; they signed up to fight didn't they? Then why the hell would we give them a year's rest? They're fighting machines! They don't have PTSD or flashbacks or remorse, or other weak civilian traits like families and wives and children. And I'm not quite sure, but last time I checked increasing the 12-month tour of duty to a mandatory 15-month tour for new recruits is the best tool ever to reach recruitment quotas. (lying about benefits and opportunities is a good one too, so we should just step up our efforts on that front as well).
The revolving door of military personnel in Iraq is a pretty good idea if you ask me. I mean a revolving door anything is an awesome idea really - look at our prisons! That door can't swing fast enough. Not that I'm surprised in any case. Check out the Bushisms on the sidebar of this site to find out why.

No comments: